• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child Custody/Possible Palimony Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Isis1

this is my take on your situtation.

file for joint physical and custody. dad isn't working, but child support will most likely order since he has no income and can be imputed as minimum wage. even with a 50/50 schedule. however, unless you make massive amounts of money, he will not be able to live on that child support amount anyway.

so dad has a choice, he can get off his butt and get a full time job to support himself and HIS half of the child, OR he will leave the state to go with family to get back on his feet. in that situation, he leaves the child as you will block him to move the child out of state.

Alakardaiel760

It's going to be unclear to a LOT of people why that would be when the majority doesn't rest with YOU NOW. See what I'm saying?

Do you even know if Dad would WANT primary custody given the fact that if y'all break up he's homeless, jobless, etc?

I absolutely see what you're saying. In my mind (and yes, I know that doesn't count legally), I am still her primary care taker as I provide her home, food, the opportunity for her dad to get to stay with her during the day. It's just unfathomable that if I were to have made the choice to say live off welfare so I could watch her all day long, that I would be given primary custody over making the above choice. Again, I see what you're saying... it's just going to take me a bit to wrap my head around that.

And know I do not know if dad would want that considering... I'm just trying to plan for every eventuality at this point so I know where I stand.

Alakardaiel760

this is my take on your situtation.

file for joint physical and custody. dad isn't working, but child support will most likely order since he has no income and can be imputed as minimum wage. even with a 50/50 schedule. however, unless you make massive amounts of money, he will not be able to live on that child support amount anyway.

so dad has a choice, he can get off his butt and get a full time job to support himself and HIS half of the child, OR he will leave the state to go with family to get back on his feet. in that situation, he leaves the child as you will block him to move the child out of state.

Thank you all again. This has been most, MOST helpful. This is a great "service" you provide.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">