• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

child custody/same sex relationships

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lcroc03

What is the name of your state? texas

My husband and I have been seperated for 2 years now and I am now dating a woman he was fine w/this for 6 months or so but has recently gotten angry about other people starting to talk and is now threatening to fight for custody.Does he have a chance?:(

nextwife

An involved father always has a chance to have custody of their child, same as a mother does. Whether the other parent is straight or gay.

LdiJ

An involved father always has a chance to have custody of their child, same as a mother does. Whether the other parent is straight or gay.
True, however a change in custody requires a significant change in circumstance that negatively impacts the child. So, if your dating situation does not negatively impact the child, then dad doesn't have much ammo....if your dating situation DOES negatively impact the child, dad DOES have ammo.

las365

I got the impression that the OP is not divorced yet and this would be an initial custody order, not a change that would require proof of a change in circumstances.

(he) has recently gotten angry about other people starting to talk
lcroc03, what part of Texas are you in? How is your relationship with your ex and how possible is it to get him to stand with you against the prejudice of your community? Does he really feel that you are hurting your child or is he responding to peer pressure?

I am in Texas and I am sad to say that there are a lot of people here who have ignorant and hostile attitudes toward gay people. You will be best off if you can manage to work this out with your ex-husband to protect your kid(s) together.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">