• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

child custody and support and back support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jc's mom

What is the name of your state? missouri

Mother of 4 children, the 17 and 13 year olds decided to go live with there father(ex). My ex has filed for custody and child support on the 17 and 13 year old. If i have to pay support, i will. My question is I still have a 11 year old that is his, and he owes $30,000.00 in back support. Can all this be worked into the court precidings. Also the ex is 1000 miles away and i cant make it for the court date.
Called the courts and if i do not contest the custody then they said that I do not need to attend. :(
I have raised my kids almost all ther life, I was there when they needed me. This is still so with my children living with there father and the two living with me.

My children are my universe.

R

Rldunc

I really think

you should have an attorney and go to the hearing. Too much can go wrong with you not there.

S

Sabrina26ford

My question is I still have a 11 year old that is his, and he owes $30,000.00 in back support. Can all this be worked into the court precidings. Also the ex is 1000 miles away and i cant make it for the court date.

I agree with Rldunc. If you don't show then he gets everything he asks for. I think if you have to chose between getting an attorney or going there I would go with going there to plead your case. If you want to work it out so he has to make up the back support you may need to handle that in the state where the orginal decree is. IE Contempt

J

jc's mom

thank you for your imput. will take all infromation into advisment

Thank you for your input. I will take all information under advisement

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">