• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child Custody While Married

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hull54

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TEXAS
My daughter is currently in jail, but hopefully, will be getting out in a couple months. She is married with a 2-year old son and expects to go home and resume her life. Her husband wants her to come home, but is afraid that she will "run off" with their son. He wants to have something in writing that he has "sole custody." Is there any way for custody of their son to be modified while they are married? I am concerned about my daughter signing anything that would terminate her parental rights. I have assured my son-in-law that no one in my family would allow my daughter to stay with them if she did run off, but I think he wants something more than that. Any advice?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TEXAS
My daughter is currently in jail, but hopefully, will be getting out in a couple months. She is married with a 2-year old son and expects to go home and resume her life. Her husband wants her to come home, but is afraid that she will "run off" with their son. He wants to have something in writing that he has "sole custody." Is there any way for custody of their son to be modified while they are married? I am concerned about my daughter signing anything that would terminate her parental rights. I have assured my son-in-law that no one in my family would allow my daughter to stay with them if she did run off, but I think he wants something more than that. Any advice?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
They have equal custody until a court awards otherwise. He should divorce her and petition for sole custody.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">