• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

child protective services

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ili

What do you need to know to call in cps? What if the child is subjected to
mental abuse? How do you prove it?

tigger22472

ili said:
What do you need to know to call in cps? What if the child is subjected to
mental abuse? How do you prove it?

It's not really up to you to prove it. If you suspect a child is in danger of abuse report it to your local agency. They are required to investigate it. However, you must be very sure of it before you do because they don't look kindly to false reports. A CPS caseworker will ask you questions and if there is something they need from you they will tell you.

gooberhead

Getting a situation checked really depends on the state you are in. Alabama DHR personnel are notorious for ignoring complaints.

kidoday

Mental abuse is a very hard one to prove. Especially if the child doesn't think there is anything wrong. So when CPS comes and asks the child questions and he says no mommy/daddy don't abuse me, they really don't have much to work with. Even if the child says mommy/daddy yell at me, they still don't have much to go on.

ili

Tennessee
I find it difficult to get CPS to listen or to believe you're more then just a
disgruntled grandparent who wants time with a child.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">