• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child right, on when they can choose

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CharmHollie

What is the name of your state? Texas

My little (half)sister is 8yr, and she lives with her mom, and alot of things happen there that isnt right. And she is constintly asking "when can I stay here", she visits on the weekends, and my dad and her mom have joint custody, but at her mothers house, she has to share a room with 3 boys, and there are 5 boys in the house, and she is the only girl. (I live with my dad).

What I was wondering was, when can she choose to live here?

Thank you,
CharmHollie

Last edited:

CharmHollie

When can she talk to the judge to make a decision in it..... about 8 years ago I knew it was 13yr, because I was in a simular situation, as my little sister is in....

What is primary placement... and what would have to be done?

Zephyr

she can't talk to a judge until your dad takes it back to court, even then what she wants is not the do all end all, the judge still might go against what she wants.

I think most states have laws concerning the ages at which opposite sex children can share a room. I would look into this in your state.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">