• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child sex offender visitation rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

piggyskola

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Utah

My daughter has 2 children by a man who spent 4 1/2 years in Federal Prison for soliciting sex from a minor. I hired an Attorney for my daughter to get child support and visitation set up while he was in prison. The papers stated that he can only see the children in a State facility, supervised and he has to pay for it. He signed them. He is now out of prison and wants to see the kids. Will he have to abide by what he agreed to and signed since they were sent through the courts?

Hisbabygirl77

Utah

My daughter has 2 children by a man who spent 4 1/2 years in Federal Prison for soliciting sex from a minor. I hired an Attorney for my daughter to get child support and visitation set up while he was in prison. The papers stated that he can only see the children in a State facility, supervised and he has to pay for it. He signed them. He is now out of prison and wants to see the kids. Will he have to abide by what he agreed to and signed since they were sent through the courts?
Yes he will if it was a court order it is not a suggestion. The mom does NOT have to and SHOULD NOT allow him to see kids outside of that supervised visitation for the safety of her children.

Isis1

Utah

well, it would help us help your daughter if your daughter posted herself. and she should give the exact wording of the court order for visitation.

in any event, sounds like a modification needs to be done to accomodate dad's release.

Hisbabygirl77

well, it would help us help your daughter if your daughter posted herself. and she should give the exact wording of the court order for visitation.

in any event, sounds like a modification needs to be done to accomodate dad's release.

Bella, your not suggesting that mom try and have order modified are you?? This order can still work with dad being out of prison. In fact I believe that was the point for when he got out but I could be wrong.

Isis1

Bella, your not suggesting that mom try and have order modified are you?? This order can still work with dad being out of prison. In fact I believe that was the point for when he got out but I could be wrong.
well, see depending on the wording, if it says visitation is at the prison. now that dad is out of prison, how is he going to arrange the prison to supervise?

a new supervisor may need to be appointed. personally, i'd make sure it was a professional supervisor. i'm thinking a mandated reporter of some kind.

Hisbabygirl77

well, see depending on the wording, if it says visitation is at the prison. now that dad is out of prison, how is he going to arrange the prison to supervise?

a new supervisor may need to be appointed. personally, i'd make sure it was a professional supervisor. i'm thinking a mandated reporter of some kind.
I dont think its that the prison was supervising....I think it was for when he got out of prison he had to go to a facility that supervised visits..... That was my take on it. Course your version could fit as well. Ok OP clarify please lol

Isis1

I dont think its that the prison was supervising....I think it was for when he got out of prison he had to go to a facility that supervised visits..... That was my take on it. Course your version could fit as well. Ok OP clarify please lol
you know....maybe i do need a drink! :eek:

op, orders are court orders. i suggest dad start looking for that supervising center. mom could definitely make suggestions.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">