• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child Sexual Abuse by Step-parent

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

Giggles

I am looking for some help for my brother who was just recently notified that his 2 children are in a Oregon Foster home, he lives in Wisconsin. My neice and nephew were sexually abused by thier step father for approximately 5 years and thier mother either knew about it or participated in it or both. The state has removed the children from their mother and now my brother (NCP) would like to gain custody of them. He understands fully what the children will be needing in the way of counseling and eventhough he has not led a "perfect" life, he has worked very hard to get his life back together. He and his wife are currently persuing their RN's and work as home health aids for elderly individuals. What steps should he be taking to gain custody of his children? Is there anyway he can file for Temporary custody? Any other help or advice would be most appreciative!!

L

LadyBlu

Giggles said:
I am looking for some help for my brother who was just recently notified that his 2 children are in a Oregon Foster home, he lives in Wisconsin. My neice and nephew were sexually abused by thier step father for approximately 5 years and thier mother either knew about it or participated in it or both. The state has removed the children from their mother and now my brother (NCP) would like to gain custody of them. He understands fully what the children will be needing in the way of counseling and eventhough he has not led a "perfect" life, he has worked very hard to get his life back together. He and his wife are currently persuing their RN's and work as home health aids for elderly individuals. What steps should he be taking to gain custody of his children? Is there anyway he can file for Temporary custody? Any other help or advice would be most appreciative!!
He needs to file an ex parte order in Oregon for tem custody. He can hire an attorney in OR to do this for him, or he can do it himself. But all court hearings will need to be conducted in OR since the children have now basically become wards of the state pending further investigations.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">