• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child sharing bedroom with adult?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gbkall

What is the name of your state?
I live in WA state, I am the stepmother of an 8 y/o boy. My question is: Is there a legal age when children can no longer share a room with an adult of the opposite sex? My stepson currently shares a bedroom with his mother and her "girlfriend" (I put quotes around that because I am not sure if they are a couple, or just friends who live together). The older he gets, the more uncomfortable it seems for them to still all be sleeping together in the same room. Thanks for any info. you can give, and I will try to answer any questions you may have for me.What is the name of your state?

OhReally?

I live in WA state, I am the stepmother of an 8 y/o boy. My question is: Is there a legal age when children can no longer share a room with an adult of the opposite sex? My stepson currently shares a bedroom with his mother and her "girlfriend" (I put quotes around that because I am not sure if they are a couple, or just friends who live together). The older he gets, the more uncomfortable it seems for them to still all be sleeping together in the same room. Thanks for any info. you can give, and I will try to answer any questions you may have for me.What is the name of your state?
"It seems"? According to whom?

fairisfair

I have a question. Why is this any of your business?

gbkall

It's my business because I love him and am concerned about him getting the privacy he wants. I know I have no legal claim to him, but I am still allowed to be concerned about him, aren't I?

>Charlotte<

Lurker
You're allowed to be concerned, but you're not allowed to do anything about it so your question is moot.

But, as long as you're asking: no, there's no law against it.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
If it bothers his Dad, then perhaps he could come and discuss it.

Or... is it that he:

• is computer illiterate
  • is on the road
  • doesn't like to ask questions
  • leaves it up to you
  • isn't bothered
  • has a nosy wife

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">