• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child Support for Alien worker

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mark_thomas

What is the name of your state? NC

I am from China working here on H1 visa. I will be going back to my country in 2-3 years.
I am earning around 60K$ here. After I go back I will probably earn worth 20K$.

If I have a kid here for a US citizen and I have to go back in 3 years, how is my child support calculated?

1. After 3 years will it based on 60K or 20K?
2. How will the Government be able to enforce child support for a person staying outside the country?

Thanks for your help.

Just Blue

What is the name of your state? NC

I am from China working here on H1 visa. I will be going back to my country in 2-3 years.
I am earning around 60K$ here. After I go back I will probably earn worth 20K$.

If I have a kid here for a US citizen and I have to go back in 3 years, how is my child support calculated?

1. After 3 years will it based on 60K or 20K?
2. How will the Government be able to enforce child support for a person staying outside the country?

Thanks for your help.

Do you actually have a child?

mark_thomas

Hi,

I do not have a child but I would like to get information if I have a child so that I can plan accordingly...

If you have any information/link can you please post it?

Thanks for your help.

Just Blue

Hi,

I do not have a child but I would like to get information if I have a child so that I can plan accordingly...

Thanks for your help.
What are you nuts? DO NOT HAVE A CHILD. If you don't plan on staying in this country OR financially supporting a child WHY on EARTH would you have one?? To actually come to a legal advice site and make inquiries on how to be a deadbeat is disgusting.

CourtClerk

Here is how you plan accordingly.

Be responsible. Make sure you know EVERYTHING about the woman. That means you can't meet her today, sleep with her next Tuesday and get her pregnant by next Friday.

Have a wife, then make a child. Then all of you are together and you don't have child support issues.

MrsK

Hi,

Thanks for your help.
DONT HAVE A CHILD. That would be incredibly stupid. Seriously, you cant take that back...you may THINK you want a kid, until you are stuck with one. Read on here about how much it ruins ppls lives to be stuck with a kid they dont want. Not to mention you're going back to China, so you wont see the kid.

DONT bring another kid the govt is probably going to have to take care of in this world. Seriously, just dont have sex with women. Just dont.

nextwife

Why would you want to have a child in the US if you cannot remain and help raise your child here? That is highly unfair to your future child. A child needs BOTH parents!

mark_thomas

Thanks

Thanks a lot...
I don't plan to have a child. I also use family planning. But you never know. It is not 100% safe...

Again, planning for an alien is always uncertain. Green card processing is not 100% sure. So, one might have to go back at any time or one might stay forever.

Anyway I did not get a clear answer. Probably there is no clear answer...

If you have any information can you please post it...

Thanks

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Thanks a lot...
I don't plan to have a child. I also use family planning. But you never know. It is not 100% safe...

Again, planning for an alien is always uncertain. Green card processing is not 100% sure. So, one might have to go back at any time or one might stay forever.

Anyway I did not get a clear answer. Probably there is no clear answer...

If you have any information can you please post it...

Thanks
The clear answer is DO NOT HAVE SEX with someone with whom you are NOT married.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">