• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child Support/Arrearages

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

njdot

What is the name of your state? nj
my ex husband owes me almost 6k dollars in child support. He now has just opened a business in Iowa and has incorporated the bussiness. can I put a lien on his business even if it is corp.?
thank you.
dot

R

Rldunc

You need a judgment before you can put a lien. I would recommend going through Child Support Enforcement, let them do the work, because they should be able to get payments coming in and the arrears handled. Let him have his business, just make sure he pays you all the profits!

bugaboo

Ladies and Gentlemen......May I have your attention????

This is the very reason why fathers hide their income!!! Cuz if they don't BAAMMM! "can I put a lien on his business" Give me a break...OMG!! don't let the father try to move on...especially if "he owes me money"...:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">