• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

child support enforcement taking $ for adopted child in treatment center

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

WHITESWAN

We adopted an older child while residing in Alaska through DSHS.
We moved to Washington after the adoption was final and the child was 8.9 when adoption was final. He has some serious emotional issues that intensified after our move. We sought help, and at age 11 voluntarily placed in him in a treatment group home, where he resides now. Immediately following the initial placement Child support enforcement started taking 700.00 a month out for his care. This child is a very dangerous individual and psychotic. We are still paying child support to keep him away from us. Recently, we moved to Arizona and left our child in the care of the State of Washington and have filed a dependency.
We truly feel this is a failed adoption and want completely out of it. All of the professionals agree with us but won't allow us to relinquish our parental rights to the state until we have not had any contact with him for 6 months. The three of us have suffered long enough and need closure on this disasterous relationship as soon as possible. what are our options? and how do we get child support enforcement off our backs. He just turned 14 last month.
we are tired and really need closure. HELP

CMSC

I can't reply to this because my response would not be welcomed, being that I am a adoptee and I truly am thankful that my adopted parents don't feel the way you do towards your adopted child. I am sure there are reasons behind it all as you clearly state and I really hope someone out there can help you, most importantly I hope there is someone out there who can help your son.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">