• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

child support.. husband changed jobs

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

megmoncada

What is the name of your state? az

My husband changed jobs... there was about 3 weeks in between jobs. But we sent in payment to the clearing house that his empoyler sent to so we are still current in support.

Question is for the new empoyler do we just need to provide them with a copy of his order of assiment do we need to let anyone else know that he changed jobs.
any info?

L

Lil Miss Smarty Panties

I would think you'd need to inform CSE so they can issue a new wage withholding order for the new job.

haiku

actually I thought it was law that a new employer must ask every new employee if they are under a wage asignment. Or face a fine.

Then the proper paperwork gets filled out to be sent along to CSE.

Other than that i think your employment is your business.

D

DChristian112

Your husband needs to inform CSE and also his employers. The employers have, I believe 10 days, although states differ in the duration of time they will allow for changes to be submitted. However, if the employers fail to ask, they have to verify all information to CSE once CSE contacts employers. If the employers do not yield to the allocated time to send all necessary paper work in, they can be held responsible for non payment of child support.
This has happened to me and my ex. His past employers never followed through with wage garnishment, and we were both furious. I contacted CSE, and we were about to file against his employers, but my ex was laid off, and we let it be. However, I do believe the state went after his employers because he owed the state money as well, and they had not received it. But because my ex had no problem with informing CSE about his employment, and he was "compliant" the state went after his employers.

Good Luck and God's Blessings!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">