• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

child support increase

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

Wiggy Ex

What is the name of your state? GA

I have a question about fighting a child support increase.

My fiances ex is threatening to take him back to court when she gets her taxes to get more money from him. She is only doing this out of spite, not because she needs more money.

This woman gets her roots dyed platinum blonde every two weeks, gets her fake fingernails filled in every two weeks, stays in the tanning bed year round and won't buy any clothes unless they are Tommy or Gap.

Now I know from being a woman myself that the cost of all of this is at least monthly (hair dyed $50)(tanning bed $35)(fingernails $30). That is at least $115.00 per month. Not to mention her 21 year old daughter lives with her and she splits the bills, she leaves messages on the answering machine wanting her child support at a certain time cause they are going shopping, not to mention that she won't send a bag of clothes with the son when he comes over for the weekend or ever, so we have to buy our own clothes for him at our house.

My fiance is responsible for all of the medical bills and insurance for his son. He even pays for his lunches at school by the month. He is responsible for all of his college cost when the time comes.

The child does not go to daycare, cause the ex only works about 4 hrs a night as a waitress.

My question is, does she have a chance of getting more money from my fiance being that we have him 180 nights a year, and all of the above?

kat1963

Wiggy Ex (ahhh, I love it! hehehe), does she go to the salon with our goblin? We need to find out which one because it obviously isn't working and we need to stay far, far away.

Can't tell you if the judge will give her more money.

What is the custody arrangement now?

KAT

W

Wiggy Ex

support increase

The arrangement right now is, we get the child every Tuesday and every Thursday and every 1st, 3rd, and 5th weekends of every month. Also, the custody is reversed for 1 month in the summer when he starts school, so he will live with us for that month and only go to his mothers on the tuesdays and Thursdays and every 1st, 3rd and 5th weekends. And know that he is getting older, he calls his Daddy and wants to come over more than that, and being that the mother works at night and never hardly sees him anyway, my fiance goes and gets him from the oldest daughter or the grandmas when he calls. So to tell you the truth, now that he is in school, we see him more than the mother does.

Another thing is that she has a 1 year old child from some other guy that left her when she told him she was pregnant, so she gets money from him also, I don't know how much though. But my fiances child with her is 4yrs old and will be 5 in August.

W

Wiggy Ex

child support questions

My state is GA

If we have the child for 165 nights (correction from before) of the year, does this mean that we can file for shared child support?

kat1963

Haha! Yup, that's what I was getting at !!! Sure, take all the parenting time your fiance can get. She thinks she's going to get over, but she just might be in for a SHOCK!
Make sure you guys DOCUMENT it all. Here is a free download to help you:
http://www.deltabravo.net/custody/tracker.htm
Now would be a good idea to see a lawyer in your area for a free/low cost consult. He/she would be best to assist you in preparing for the case according to how the judges in your area are likely to rule (and what's the best way to obtain a ruling your fiance favor).
Good luck to you & a long, happy marriage as well!
KAT

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">