• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child support/interest...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

ks mom

My ex says he is going to "pay off the arrears"...says he is going to cut me a check for the whole thing. (I'll believe it when I see it!!!) That would be 6 years of support that he owes. However, when it comes to the interest, he says he refuses to pay that because he should not have to. My question is, if he did, indeed, pay off the arrears, but not the interest, wouldn't he still be in arrears then? Thanks to anyone who can help me with this! Oh, and I am in Arizona. :)

L

LadyBlu

ks mom said:
My ex says he is going to "pay off the arrears"...says he is going to cut me a check for the whole thing. (I'll believe it when I see it!!!) That would be 6 years of support that he owes. However, when it comes to the interest, he says he refuses to pay that because he should not have to. My question is, if he did, indeed, pay off the arrears, but not the interest, wouldn't he still be in arrears then? Thanks to anyone who can help me with this! Oh, and I am in Arizona. :)
If the state of AZ is representing your child for the support, and AZ places interest on arrears, then he will still owe the interest unless you agree to dismiss the interest that has accrued. Then he will be owing the interest, and the interest will keep accruing on that.. :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">