• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

child support laws?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

niteskeye

His soon to be ex-wife has chosen to take him back to court for more child support. He pays his obligation each month of 620.00 and is not late on any of his payments. She seems to think that she should get 1200.00 a month. She says that she should have been getting that for the past two years that they have been seperated. Initially the payments were ordered by a judge. Now she wants the judge to go back the past two years and re-evaluate everyhting. His income hasn't changed and he has his paystubs and w2's to prove it. If she thought that he should have been paying 1200.00 then she should have done something then, I think. Is there some kind of statue of limitations on that kind of thing. Is she just going to make a fool of herself? I think she is just going to waste everybody's time in this matter, because she made the threat that she would take him back to court every month until she got what she wanted. Did I mention that she also works full time?! I think she is crazy. Coming from the state of Virginia!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">