• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

child support raised...can not pay own expenses

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

Dorofara72

hi, i live in arkansas and just had my child support raised from 84 to 100 dollars per week. thats ok they are my kids and love them and will pay for them.my problem is that im required to insure them also, but my company only pays for me(100%). to cover them also, i must pay an additional 70 dollars a week. that amounts to 66% of my net income. now i cant afford my own basic living expenses.Cp has refused insuranse up til now but now demands it. i have not seen or otherwise had any contact at all with my children in 6 years because again she refuses me.i cant afford a lawyer for obviouse reasons and im afraid i may be homeless in 2 to3 months or in jail in which case my kids will ultimately lose. my hearing was on 12-07-01 and takes effect on 12-14-01. what can i do. PLEASE HELP!!!

W

WillyP

You do not need much money to request a hearing with your juvenile court judge. All you have to do is write to the courthouse and request a hearing and discuss briefly what it is you want to talk to the judge about. They will then set a hearing date for you. For example: Dear Judge, i just got an increase in CS and i would like to appeal the new amount because of (this and this and that etc.). I would like to have a hearing date set.
This worked for me and should work for you.
Rules are rules but judges tend to have more of a heart than the Child support agency. Judges give a little more and consider the reasons why you cannot pay the amount alot more.
Give it a try. Also, if you call the courthouse and talk to someone in the juvenile court office you would probably be suprised at how helpful they really are to you!

D

Dorofara72

willyp, thanks for the info. i was beging to think i was up a creek. U R the 1st with other than (no pity) i will try . thanks again!

Y

yegs246

Was just in that boat too. My daughter's mother and I had them 50/50. Join physical and legal. She applied for Welfare so the state took me to court to reimburse her welfare checks. I lost and was order to pay it. I appealed two times and called welfare continuously to find out how she can get assistance when she does no have the children 51% of the time, drives a new car and had a boyfriend living with her. Well, it took 8 months of appeals and baggering the Welfare Fraud department, but on 12-7-01 I won!!!

Payments were vacated in its entirety and she is now being sued by the state of Pa for Welfare Fraud.

Do not give up, it might take a long time but just keep hope and don't stop fighting.

D

Dorofara72

thanks yegs246, this is the kinda support i need. i want to do what is right but i dont want to die doing it. my girls need me.

S

smh33

Please come back and update us on what you do and how it all goes. Thanks

D

Dorofara72

reply:

smh33,thank you for the query. all advice, yea or nay is accepted. have plenty of ink and paper to weigh the pros and cons. ill base my decisions from what i feel is right

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">