• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child support from self employed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

singlemom38

florida
singlemom38---non-custodial parent is self employed
and does not file taxes how would i be able to collect
payments from child support...he feels that if he buys clothes once every 9 to 10 months that is all she needs
and pays for her school lunch sometimes...what can i
do--he'll lie about his income..and transfer what assets
that he does have into his mothers name---or withdraw
any money from his account... becauses he self employed
is there anyway to make him prove income if he is not
filing taxes?

[Edited by singlemom38 on 05-05-2001 at 01:40 AM]

A

alba

You can prove to the judge his previous income also you can moniter his lifestyle, what kinda rent, home or expenses he has. If he has a business without keeping records or filing taxes, the IRS may want to speak to him. You can examine his lifestyle, make a rough estimate at what it would cost to maintain in a given month and present these findings to a judge, Let him prove to the judge how he earns a liivng

A

aj kamenick

get a job

listen if he dose not pay, take his rights away.
you should not make a man pay for a child he dose not want or should you let him have contact with that child. and if you can not afford the child then give your child to someone who can!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MySonsMom

Re: get a job

aj kamenick said:
you should not make a man pay for a child he dose not want or should you let him have contact with that child. and if you can not afford the child then give your child to someone who can!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Child support and visitation are VERY separate issues. I don't see anywhere that this Mother does not work, and does not supply financial support to her child(ren). She deserves support from this Father, and if he is able to hold a job; then he should pay. Whether the child support is calcualted at minimum wage. (since MOST people CAN gain a minimum wage job)

Suggestion to the poster...Take him to court for ordered child support. Investigate on your own to see if you can prove his self employment to better you chances of receiving what you should be getting.

Good luck!

S

singlemom38

Re: Re: get a job

i am 9-5 employed, and it's not that he doesn't want the child--that is not the issue...i can afford my child,that is not the issue.. but the father needs to step up and take care of business.

QUOTE]Originally posted by MySonsMom
aj kamenick said:
Child support and visitation are VERY separate issues. I don't see anywhere that this Mother does not work, and does not supply financial support to her child(ren). She deserves support from this Father, and if he is able to hold a job; then he should pay. Whether the child support is calcualted at minimum wage. (since MOST people CAN gain a minimum wage job)

Suggestion to the poster...Take him to court for ordered child support. Investigate on your own to see if you can prove his self employment to better you chances of receiving what you should be getting.

Good luck!
[/QUOTE]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">