• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child visitation/vacation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Cory2005

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? VA

I am the non custodial parent and the custodial parent has sole custody of our daughter which was never ordered by a judge...I agreed to allow her that because of my work schedule at the time and due to the fact I was seriously injured at work...we went back to court because I refiled for more visitation and was awarded every weekend Friday through Sunday during school and any days that I had off during the week while she was out of school and also Friday through Sunday...our agreement also states that if I was off that I would get my daughter period and it also allows each parent vacation time with proper notice...I have given the custodial parent more than two months notice and she is refusing to let me take our daughter out of state to my mother's house for Vacation...is she allowed to do that? She is now saying that I have to have written consent from her which she already said she will not give me and that I am only allowed to do things with my daughter in the state we live in

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? VA

I am the non custodial parent and the custodial parent has sole custody of our daughter which was never ordered by a judge...I agreed to allow her that because of my work schedule at the time and due to the fact I was seriously injured at work...we went back to court because I refiled for more visitation and was awarded every weekend Friday through Sunday during school and any days that I had off during the week while she was out of school and also Friday through Sunday...our agreement also states that if I was off that I would get my daughter period and it also allows each parent vacation time with proper notice...I have given the custodial parent more than two months notice and she is refusing to let me take our daughter out of state to my mother's house for Vacation...is she allowed to do that? She is now saying that I have to have written consent from her which she already said she will not give me and that I am only allowed to do things with my daughter in the state we live in
Please post, word-for-word, what your order says (removing any personally identifying information).

I can guarantee you that it does NOT say what you have posted above.

LdiJ

Please post, word-for-word, what your order says (removing any personally identifying information).

I can guarantee you that it does NOT say what you have posted above.
I think I would say nearly guarantee rather than guarantee...weird things get included in orders sometimes.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I think I would say nearly guarantee rather than guarantee...weird things get included in orders sometimes.
No worries - you'd say nearly guarantee, I say guarantee. HOWEVER, by the letter of my post, I am correct. I will GUARANTEE you that the order, word-for-word, does not say the OP gets the child "period". ;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">