• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

child wants to live with the other parent

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

childneedshelp

What is the name of your state? florida.

well its been at least two years or more since my parents divorce and i had chosen to live with my mom, cause im a girl and i wanted my mother for girl advice however my dad and me have always been much closer. However lately i've been so unhappy and depressed living with my mom, I cry almost everyday, and its been like this for almost this whole year or two. And I was wondering if I wanted to could I go live with my dad ? If I go live with my dad I believe I'll be more happer and finally not depressed, plus he understands me better than my mom does. But theres probably a problem well my dad didnt pay some of the child support for a year almost, does this mean i wont be able to live with him?

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Presumably there is a court order for custody being awarded to your mother. Your Dad would have to file a motion to modify custody, and then prove that a change in custody would be in your best interests. That's not as easy as it might seem. "I don't get along with my Mom" isn't a reason to change custody. No teenage girl gets along with her Mom. You're going to need something more.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">