• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

CHILDCARE....

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

AJR

My daughter is currently staying with this lady out of her home. She is not licensed and has just started keeping kids. She has about 2 not including the 5 which are her own. The lady that my daughter was staying with was recently diagnosed with breast cancer. I hate that she isnt keeping kids anymore. I havent started the divorce process yet but my stbx is not living with us. He is currently living with his parents. Should I move my daughter to a licensed childcare provider. Does that even matter to the courts. I also dont want to get my current daycare provider in any trouble bec of her not being licensed? Any insight or advice on this, I would greatly appreciate it!!!!!

usmcfamily

May I refer you to the BIG RED PRINT at the top of the page ---without a specific state we cannot even begin to advise you on specifics.
What I can tell you is that in many states it is possible to keep children in your home without a license as long as it does not exceed a certain number of children - I had a wonderful in home care provider whom was not state certified.
As to what the courts will consider - generally as long as the children are safe and in a stable environment that is not in violation of state code (again, that will depend on the state as to whether or not she will meet that criteria)it will not matter where your children are kept while in daycare.
I suggest you either provide us a state or contact your state welfare office and inquire yourself as to the requirements for your care-provider.....that will set your mind at ease on the matter of her being put in trouble on your account.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">