• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Children refuse to visit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

skinny121

What is the name of your state? Tennesee

What legal right, if any, do children have to refuse to attend court ordered visitation in Tennesee. Is there a certain age? I have been unable to uncover one shred or information regarding this. His atty has apparentlly advised him that they may legally choose not to visit. I think he's b.s'ing.

I don't want to go into much detail as ex may be a user here as well.

Thanks for any response you may have.

abstract99

skinny121 said:
What is the name of your state? Tennesee

What legal right, if any, do children have to refuse to attend court ordered visitation in Tennesee. Is there a certain age? I have been unable to uncover one shred or information regarding this. His atty has apparentlly advised him that they may legally choose not to visit. I think he's b.s'ing.

I don't want to go into much detail as ex may be a user here as well.

Thanks for any response you may have.
Not unless he takes you to court and has your visitation taken away.

B

bradybunchmom

kids dont decide visitation

unless you can prove abuse or neglect, the kids have to go for visitation, or the cp could be held in contempt. the penalties rnage from fines to jail time to a switch in custody. the cp cannot withhold visitation just because the kids dont want to go, they either abide by the court order, or the cp gets in trouble.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">