• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Children reside w/me father talked son into moving in w/him now wont pay child suppor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? New York

In my divorce decree it state that both my son and daughter shall reside w/me and my x has to pay child support. He has talked my son into moving in w/him and has told me he is no longer going to pay child support. Can he just do that on his own or do I have to go back to court to get the original divorce decree amended.

The original order must be followed to the letter, or you/your ex are in violation of the order.

If your child has changed residences without you first amending the order - and if your ex is refusing to obey the order by stopping child support - a visit to the judge should set things right.

Judges just HATE it when people don't obey court orders...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">