• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

children's recent visit with ex

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? Michigan

Kids spent the weekend with dad. Friday we had to take our daughter into urgent care for a bee sting reaction. After the appointment, come home and doc said to give her benydryl. As soon as we pull in the drive, the ex's mothers bf arrives to pick up the kids. Mind you it is only 5:30 and pick up time is 6:00.

I tell kids to get their stuff around, run into house and grab the
benyrdyl I have and send it with the paperwork from urgent care.

Today I pick the kids up and they say dad said the benadryl I sent was expired and he had to give him some of theirs that wasn't expired.

Now he is going to keep what I sent and try and use it against me in court claiming I sent expired benadryl.

Comments? Suggestions.

H

hexeliebe

Go have a cup of coffee and a good laugh. Hubby is pissing in the dark.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
What hex said. This really isn't going to be an issue. But go out and buy some unexpired benadryl, tylenol, etc. (making note to self to check expiration dates).

I have checked every medication in the house and nothing is expired.

I truly don't know if it was or wasn't expired. Doesn't seem like we had it here very long however that doesn't mean that I didn't buy it close to expiration either.

Thanks for the advice.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
I've done it before - it happens. I usually try to keep one sealed bottle of each around just in case. Of course, with the lack of frequency we use medicine - sometimes it expires and I don't always check when I open it. Even if there were a huge number of areas in which you were neglecting the kids, this is something I expect a judge would roll his eyes over. Don't sweat this one.

O

OnlyOneVoice

The only med that I'm aware of that would be dangerous to administer if it had expired is Syrup of Ipicac.

Benedryl wouldn't harm your daughter the only thing about it is that since it has expired it probably wouldn't be as potent.

Don't sweat it this happens in every single household in america except for those who are totally and completely obsessive compulsive.

MamaLlama

ditto. If you get any written complaint from ex about it you can honestly reply that you were only providing him with the OTC drug that was in your cabinet and you are pleased she/he checked the label just as you would have prior to administering as directed.

You got the child the health care they needed - you are not required to provide OTC drug for the other parent's home. You could have stopped at just letting them know what they needed to buy, it was simply kind of you to save them a trip to the grocery/drug store by grabbing what was in the cupboard. No sweat. They are grasping at straws.

ktarra617

oh please he is so grasping at straws....

have a drink and don't worry about it...the judge will probably look at him and say "and you have never found expired meds in your cabinet?"

It happens to everyone...He's got to have ALOT more than that...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">