• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Children's Rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

stressedfather

I soon will seek sole custody for my daughter. But the mother makes my child feel sorry for her. She says please don't leave me.... If you leave, you don't love me.... after everything I've done for you. Can I record a conversation between my child and myself to prove that the EX is manipulating my child to stay with her? Will the judges frown upon the EX? In the child's Bill of Rights, parents are not suppose to do this.

D

dawnybird

try to help

im not much on laws of recording people. i know your not allowed to unless you tell them first but this is a minor were talking about. how old is your daughter? does she want to live with you? if she does and you know that then i would just let your daughter tell the courts that and at that time she can testify that the mother has been saying them things too.

S

stressedfather

She is 8 years. I will ask her at 10 years to live with me. She told me she wants to, but she's afraid to hurt her mother's feelings. We can provide soooooo much more to her than her mother can! (financially, educationally, better home) But I know the mother will fight this one to the bone!

D

dawnybird

well it will be your daughters decision so i would just be patient and let things happen as they happen, theres not much you can probably do if the mother is fit to be taking care of her. let your daughter decide where she wants to be so she is not caught in a tug of war between both parents, sounds like your ex is doing enough tugging at this point just relax and do the best you can for your daughter, unfortunatly the child can only be at one place at one time so see what she wants to do as time goes on and then persue things good luck

D

dawnybird

no problem

i guess your looking for legal advice not gossip and strangers telling you what to do huh! lol well i better cook dinner now, again good luck

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">