• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child's age for custody wishes in Missouri

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lownote2

What is the name of your state? Missouri

Does anyone know what age a child needs to be in having their wishes seriously heard in matters of custody? My children tell me all the time how much they miss me and don't get to spend enough time with me. My ex will go by the letter of the parenting plan and not one second more. They call me all the time and tell me they wish they could see me a lot more. It isn't that they don't want to be with their mother, but they really wish they could see Dad a lot more. When I bring this up to the ex, it's just "well, too bad." Or "their just young and don't know." Their ages are 7 and 8 and they are both extremely intelligent for their age. (especially the oldest) Any help?

Last edited:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

lownote2 said:
What is the name of your state? Missouri

Does anyone know what age a child needs to be in having their wishes seriously heard in matters of custody?

======================================

My response:

In Missouri, the age is 12, or when the child becomes a parent; whichever occurs first.

IAAL

kidoday

In Missouri, the age is 12, or when the child becomes a parent; whichever occurs first.
Are you serious? 12 or whichever occurs first?

Or were you being facetious?

Last edited:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

kidoday said:
Are you serious? 12 or whichever occurs first?

Or were you being facetious?

My response:

Please, don't misquote me. I said, ". . . or when the child becomes a parent; whichever occurs first."

"Whichever occurs FIRST" - - turns 12, or becomes a "parent"; i.e., gets pregnant!

Remember, we're talking about Missouri.

IAAL

kidoday

Sorry if I misquoted you. Sometimes I think things are given, and I like to cut to the chase.

I will be more precise in the future.

theb

Actually in Missouri and my husbands three children ALL spoke with their (GAL)attorney in private, and spoke with the judge in the presence of their attorney and each parents attorney... ages you ask?

six
eight and
ten

they all stated " we want to live with our father", and gave valid reasons for those wishes.

That was over three yrs ago and they couldnt be happier, healthier or safer!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">