• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

A Christmas Party Dilemma

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

BartSimpson

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

Hello,

I am part of a group of men, let's call it a "Mens" collective, that is having a Christmas Party from Noon, Christmas Eve until Noon, Christmas Day. It's an open house for neighbors to stop by and say hello, for orphans to have somewhere to go, for our alumnus and veterans to visit.

Down the street is another group of folks, let's call it the "Free" collective, that we really want to invite to our Christmas Party from Noon, Christmas Eve until Noon, Christmas Day. While not specifically women, the "Free" collective does have a number of ladies who do like to party and we hope to see them visit because they are very nice folks.

Here's my problem. I want to hang some mistletoe, as is the tradition, but the mother of my child says that if I kiss a girl under the mistletoe I would violate the clause in our agreement for no overnight guests of a romantic nature.

It's just mistletoe! And I'll probably never get lucky enough to kiss any girl from the "Free" collective, but the ex is adamant - I can't hang mistletoe or I'll be in contempt.

Is she right?

Last edited:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

Hello,

I am part of a group of men, let's call it a "Mens" collective, that is having a Christmas Party from Noon, Christmas Eve until Noon, Christmas Day. It's an open house for neighbors to stop by and say hello, for orphans to have somewhere to go, for our alumnus and veterans to visit.

Down the street is another group of folks, let's call it the "Free" collective, that we really want to invite to our Christmas Party from Noon, Christmas Eve until Noon, Christmas Day. While not specifically women, the "Free" collective does have a number of ladies who do like to party and we hope to see them visit because they are very nice folks.

Here's my problem. I want to hang some mistletoe, as is the tradition, but the mother of my child says that if I kiss a girl under the mistletoe I would violate the clause in our agreement for no overnight guests of a romantic nature.

It's just mistletoe! And I'll probably never get lucky enough to kiss any girl from the "Free" collective, but the ex is adamant - I can't hang mistletoe or I'll be in contempt.

Is she right?
Is your ex going to be there? Not only is she wrong, but it's really none of her business WHAT goes on at your party.
Now, let me ask this: Where are your children going to be during this party?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
See, that's the thing. My daughter won't even be there.

She'll be spending the night at her boyfriend's house.
I suspect you are misinterpreting your order. If your order actually says that you aren't allowed ANY romantic guests at ANY time, then it is unenforceable as written.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Oh Bart. Are you really this bored? :p

p.s. If you have pets? Lose the mistletoe anyway - it's toxic.

BartSimpson

Stop on by

We went with the organic, gluten free, mistletoe - being from California. Stop by and say hello.

All are welcome, but our chaperones will there to prevent propinquity and measure the length of the girls' skirts - you know the rules.

With our respect and regards, the Men's collective down the street.

CTU

Meddlesome Priestess
We went with the organic, gluten free, mistletoe - being from California. Stop by and say hello.

All are welcome, but our chaperones will there to prevent propinquity and measure the length of the girls' skirts - you know the rules.

With our respect and regards, the Men's collective down the street.
I think I just fell in love with you a little bit lol :D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">