• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Clothes

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mandik

What is the name of your state? Wis
Don't want to be petty here, but just need to know. My BF pays 700 for CS. Their mother has never sent the kids with any clothes, except the ones they are wearing. No boots in winter, snowpants, etc. She has told the kids to wear stuff that "she doesnt like" and tells them to leave it at our house. And bring other stuff home. No big deal. We refuse to play these games.
Legally, should she be sending them with these things, or do we need to buy them new clothes? It's really hard for us to pay the support and buy new clothes when they are barely with us.
The children get upset and say "my mom is going to kill me" and get really emotional and start to cry. This is usually right before we are finished with our visit and it's time to go, if they cannot find something that they were instructed to bring back, like a shirt. They told us that they have a seperate spot at home to put the things from their dads, so they don't forget to bring it back. Is there something wrong with this? Shouldnt the CS be used for clothing that they can wear for our visits also?

We don't want to send them with dirty clothes if we stay in a hotel and don't have a washer.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Dad could go to WalMart or Target or a local thrift store and pick up some inexpensive stuff for the kids to wear when they're with him. Voila - problem solved.

If Dad's order says that she needs to send clothes, then she needs to send clothes, If not, then not. My kids go to their Dad's with what they've got on their backs, and come home in the same. I don't care if it's been washed or not. It's easier all around.

In my order it says for me to send sufficient clothing for timesharing, and that it is suppose to be given to me laundered at the end of the timesharing.

The Dad and I have an agreement that I don't need to send any cloths and he keeps some there for them. We have also agreed that if they need anything special that I will send it with them.

He was able to find very inexpensive clothing at consignment shops and the thrift store....and it was nice looking stuff!!!

Now on the flip side my husband's ex wife used to send cloths and would get upset if we sent back the wrong white socks....white socks are white socks and when you have 5 kids its easy to mix up white socks!!! So we just told her to keep her cloths for the kids and we would have cloths here for them. We find plenty of very inexpensive cute cloths at target, walmart, and especially consignment shops.

It is much easier this way all the way around for very little investment. Shop in the off season for the following season.

Kids don't need to feel the pressure of making sure something gets back to mom or dad....it will make them and you nuts. I personally feel too that kids don't need to feel like visitors when they go for timesharing at the other parents house. Having their own set of cloths to leave their just helps it feel more like their home too!!!

Good Luck

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
winn dixie said:
would get upset if we sent back the wrong white socks....white socks are white socks and when you have 5 kids its easy to mix up white socks!!!
Actually..... not always. Now, this probably doesn't apply, but our son runs XC and track, and the "white socks" he has here have some extra padding in the heels. I have enough to get him through a week of practice. When he comes home with something else, it's a PITA 'cause he's short a pair and it screws up our laundry schedule. I've done the "buy an extra pack" deal, but it gets aggravating when a few more visits go by and I'm short for the week again.

mommyofthree

im in ohio and my ex is residential parenting which i am taking him to court to chage, but he will send my son here withholes in his pants no coat and sometime sin shorts during ht ewinter and i send him back in them. he has even sent him to my house two days in a row withthe sam eclothes on and dirty.

No...it wasn't like that...these were plain white little girl ankle socks...she was mad because they were from old navy....not from target...and as she states she will only buy target socks for her daughter...

In other words she was being petty....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">