• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

contempt of court by denying visitation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
I thought the above post was a fair and decent response. Not going to pick on anyone but for example a reply contained the phrase "and stop complaining about it". That just seemed cold to me and pointless to say. Just seemed like the response was a burden for the responder and it was an excuse to not have a filter for the reply. I don't have much in the way of advice for the op as you can see I've had to post my own request for help on this site. I'm just saying it doesn't hurt to remember that the folks posting here are going through some harrowing and emotionally tumultuous things. A little compassion may go a long way. Gonna stop being preachy now cause I don't want to hijack the ops thread.
And again - where is YOUR advice for OP?

The DWI's should be a matter of public record you can simply go to the court house and request the file and copy/review it the same with the police reports of the dwi's you can use this as your defense in court on the contempt but it might not get you to far so be prepared for the time he has missed to be made up. But I would also file for a modification might be a bit of a stretch but if in those records she had children with her then you might have a leg to stand on. I just hope/don't want you to loose credibility with the court with the contempt and that would hurt your chances for a modification.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
The DWI's should be a matter of public record you can simply go to the court house and request the file and copy/review it the same with the police reports of the dwi's you can use this as your defense in court on the contempt but it might not get you to far so be prepared for the time he has missed to be made up. But I would also file for a modification might be a bit of a stretch but if in those records she had children with her then you might have a leg to stand on. I just hope/don't want you to loose credibility with the court with the contempt and that would hurt your chances for a modification.
Shush. Those records are NOT admissible. They are hearsay under the rules of evidence. And OP does NOT have evidence that the woman has driven her child. It is NOT a defense to contempt.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">