• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contempt of Court for Visitation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

blueskies83

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arizona

Father has filed a petition against mother stating mother is not following court-ordered visitation schedule. Allegations are false. What can mother do?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arizona

Father has filed a petition against mother stating mother is not following court-ordered visitation schedule. Allegations are false. What can mother do?
Mother can respond to the petition and show up at the hearing.

mistoffolees

Mother can respond to the petition and show up at the hearing.
Preferably with evidence that she IS following the court-ordered visitation schedule (emails, calendar, witnesses, etc). If she doesn't have that evidence, she'll be stuck with 'he said'**she said' which isn't quite as effective.

blueskies83

I do have a journal I keep of visitations along with some emails and witnesses. Can the father be punished in any way for makiing the false allegations (pay any fees I incurred defending myself, pay for lost wages, etc.?)

Also, how do I prevent this from happening in the future? I don't understand why he is making these false allegations. What could he possibly hope to gain from this?

Thank you!

mistoffolees

I do have a journal I keep of visitations along with some emails and witnesses. Can the father be punished in any way for makiing the false allegations (pay any fees I incurred defending myself, pay for lost wages, etc.?)

Also, how do I prevent this from happening in the future? I don't understand why he is making these false allegations. What could he possibly hope to gain from this?

Thank you!
You can ask the court to order Dad to reimburse your expenses. Typically, that would be DIRECT expenses, but I doubt if you can collect lost wages.

You can't really prevent him from filing suit - that's a constitutionally protected right. If it becomes too frequent, it will just irritate the judge and the judge can order him to post bond before filing again, but you're a long way from that point.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">