• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

contempt? or not contempt that is my question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

blueboy

What is the name of your state? ca
My court order reads, neither parent shall make disparaging remarks about the other parent in front of or within hearing of the child.
Mother showed my daughter papers that I just served her and told my daughter I was taking "them" back to court. She also has started telling my daughter what she is supoosed to and not supposed to say to mediator. contempt? or just bad parenting?

P

Pfaffing85690

Based on exactly what you posted, it is neither. It is the truth. You are taking them back to court and for all you know (and have posted here no facts) she could have told your daughter to tell the mediator the truth.

blueboy

1st of all I'm not taking my 9 year old daughter to court I'm taking her mother. 2nd what good is it too a little girl to know about things she has no control over and that will only cause her to stress?

P

Pfaffing85690

I answered the legal aspects of your questions. As for the moral aspects, that's not my desire nor my purview.

blueboy

I asked: contempt? or just bad parenting?

You answered: Based on exactly what you posted, it is neither. It is the truth. You are taking them back to court and for all you know (and have posted here no facts) she could have told your daughter to tell the mediator the truth.

make up your mind you are either answering my morals questions or not.

WyattJ

~~~Neither parent will intrude upon the privacy of the other, nor make or imply any false, mean, nasty, derogatory or deprecatory statements about the other to anyone, not prevent or restrict or in any way interfere with the other’s rights under this Joint Parenting Agreement.~~~

This is what is stated in my papers. But to answer your question: "No" she is not in contempt for she did not say nothing nasty about you. I have been there, I do know my son's dad talks about me with my son in the room. But unless I have actual proof besides my son, it does no good to take this petty thing to court, unless of course, it gets worse.

As for the moral of parenting.....read all the posts here and see what is moral or what is not, and that goes with the bad parenting as you call it.

I talk to my son about things. I don't go into details - so does that mean I'm a bad parent? Some people think that children don't need to know what is going on - I agree to a certain point. You don't need to go into details.

kat1963

It's both, she's crossing the line. This was poor Mommy against big mean Daddy. No matter how much one tries to sugar coat it, it put you in a bad light with the child. Have a lawyer? Have him/her send her a letter on the subject. Make it clear that a motion to show cause/contempt will be filed if she continues along these lines. You can file, but really, what's the judge going to do? Give her a smack on the hand? Send the letter so that there is documentation. Happens again, then file.
Just my thoughts.
KAT

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
You're grasping at straws. While it's not desirable for Mom to tell your 9yo that you're taking her back to court, it's also not disparaging. Apart from anything else - how do you intend to prove it? How do you even know it? Lemme guess - the kid told you. How did that come about?

(edit) And I have no problem making moral judgements. :D

P

Pfaffing85690

Now I thought you were such a sweet thing....batteries and all :D

Oh broken illusions :(

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Pfaffing85690 said:
Now I thought you were such a sweet thing....batteries and all :D

Oh broken illusions :(
phhht time for you to have another think. I'm not in the least bit sweet. :cool:

P

Pfaffing85690

Pork is meat dear :D:D:D

I also love onions....I've been known to put onions on my meat:D

MEN!!! :rolleyes:

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Whew - I was hoping that you weren't talking about my appearance as then you'd be quite sorry! ;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">