• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contempt,Violation or Intereference???? Help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? Texas

I am very lost. I am trying to find a template for A motion for contempt? 1st Question.

Next I have been told several things. Hopefully you can help. Is keeping a child from court-ordered parenting time a contempt of court or can it be charged as interference of child custody punishable as a felony. I dont know how far apart these are. A cop who has written the past four reports for refusing court ordered time as told me this can be criminal charges and it is breaking the law. I wanted to file for contempt on two temporay order contempts of refusal to give children for parenting time Nov 17 and Nov 24.

The permanant order (standard posession) went into effect in Jan. 08. Parenting time per order has been refused March 6, March 13, March 14 then Spring Break which began with the weekend visitation (03-14) and would have ended Sunday March 23. I am awaiting a call to see what a lawyer would charge for a contempt case. Otherwise I will have to do it myself. Not only has there been refusal of parenting time also the other parent has not taken their Parent Cooperating Class.
Please give me some advice. The sheriff has given me advice. The DA's office says this may have to go before a Grand Jury in May when they will be here next. A legal aide (who was really rude) said A motion to enforce was my only way. Any advice or help would be so so helpful and thankful. Thanks.

At this time the other parent says dont worry coming tomorrow and the next weekend or anything. So far I have had liberal visitation on top of court ordered visitation order. And now it has all stopped.

Zephyr

I am very lost. I am trying to find a template for A motion for contempt? 1st Question.
start here
http://www.texaslawhelp.org/TX/StateChannelResults.cfm/County/ /City/ /demoMode/= 1/Language/1/State/TX/TextOnly/N/ZipCode/ /LoggedIn/0/sTopicImage/familyjuvenile.gif/iTopicID/495/faction/viewAll/bAllState/0/ichannelid/91

Is keeping a child from court-ordered parenting time a contempt of court or can it be charged as interference of child custody punishable as a felony.
yes it is contempt- not likely to be a felony though

At this time the other parent says dont worry coming tomorrow and the next weekend or anything. So far I have had liberal visitation on top of court ordered visitation order. And now it has all stopped.
continue to show up and attempt to exercise your parenting time, continue to document refusals while you are building your case and figuring out what you need to do, but still file as soon as possible

expect to be quoted at least a couple thousand to start by lawyers...if that is out of your budget, start researching now how to do this

thanks.. The reason I say felony is the cop gave me some info to look up. Intereference of Child Custody Texas Penal code 25.03. Not a whole lot to say when I read it so of course Im here. Thanks

LdiJ

What is the name of your state? Texas

Next I have been told several things. Hopefully you can help. Is keeping a child from court-ordered parenting time a contempt of court or can it be charged as interference of child custody punishable as a felony. I dont know how far apart these are. A cop who has written the past four reports for refusing court ordered time as told me this can be criminal charges and it is breaking the law. I wanted to file for contempt on two temporay order contempts of refusal to give children for parenting time Nov 17 and Nov 24.

The permanant order (standard posession) went into effect in Jan. 08. Parenting time per order has been refused March 6, March 13, March 14 then Spring Break which began with the weekend visitation (03-14) and would have ended Sunday March 23. I am awaiting a call to see what a lawyer would charge for a contempt case. Otherwise I will have to do it myself. Not only has there been refusal of parenting time also the other parent has not taken their Parent Cooperating Class.
Please give me some advice. The sheriff has given me advice. The DA's office says this may have to go before a Grand Jury in May when they will be here next. A legal aide (who was really rude) said A motion to enforce was my only way. Any advice or help would be so so helpful and thankful. Thanks.

Do you have any idea why it has stopped?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">