• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

court ordered visitation ignored by mother

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tomytoo2

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? I am a grandparent in Wisconsin and family court ordered visitation to me every 1st and 3rd weekend of the month. she ignored the court order so we called the police but they refused to do anything. What are our options now and what will be the fall out from ignoring a court order?

sandyclaus

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? I am a grandparent in Wisconsin and family court ordered visitation to me every 1st and 3rd weekend of the month. she ignored the court order so we called the police but they refused to do anything. What are our options now and what will be the fall out from ignoring a court order?
It's a civil matter. The only thing you can do is file for contempt with the courts because the CP is refusing to honor the court-ordered visitation schedule.

Since I've never been subjected to this kind of thing, I'm not quite sure what to expect as far as penalty to Mom. Perhaps MORE visitation rather than less? A fine? Jail time? Who knows for sure?

LdiJ

As the other poster told you, filing for contempt is the only remedy available to you. Mom might get yelled at by the judge or she might get fined. Its extremely unlikely that any other form of punishment would be used for violating a gpv order.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Was dad sued as well for visitation? If so, where is he?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">