• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

court ordered visitation not being followed by mother

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jackie1977

What is the name of your state? INDIANA

My husband has 3 other children from 2 previous marriages his oldest one just turned 18 yrs.old and the last time he seen him was when the child was a year old them mother has refused him visitation even though it was court ordered in the divorce is there anything he can do now about her being non compliant with a court order since the child is now 18? He tried in the past to get the courts to do something about it but they never enforced the court ordered visitation they just gave him the run around this happened in Michigan.

The same thing is going on with his second ex-wife she reuses to let us have the children for visitation and he is also ordered to carry health ins. on the 2 younger children and she refuses to give us the information needed to get them on his insurance because she will loose the state assistance she is receiving for them. Can he take her to court on failure to comply with a court order on both subjects? because she legally is failing to comply with the order for the visitation and the information to get the insurance for them. This case is in INDIANAWhat is the name of your state?

LdiJ

What is the name of your state? INDIANA

My husband has 3 other children from 2 previous marriages his oldest one just turned 18 yrs.old and the last time he seen him was when the child was a year old them mother has refused him visitation even though it was court ordered in the divorce is there anything he can do now about her being non compliant with a court order since the child is now 18? He tried in the past to get the courts to do something about it but they never enforced the court ordered visitation they just gave him the run around this happened in Michigan.

The same thing is going on with his second ex-wife she reuses to let us have the children for visitation and he is also ordered to carry health ins. on the 2 younger children and she refuses to give us the information needed to get them on his insurance because she will loose the state assistance she is receiving for them. Can he take her to court on failure to comply with a court order on both subjects? because she legally is failing to comply with the order for the visitation and the information to get the insurance for them. This case is in INDIANAWhat is the name of your state?
No, there is nothing that he can do regarding the 18 year old other than to attempt to establish a relationship with his child on an adult level. The court no longer has any say regarding whether or not the child has to visit dad.

As far as the other two children are concerned, he can certainly take mom back to court for contempt if she is violating existing court orders.

jackie1977

ldij:will you read something else i posted?

i also posted something in juvenile law section could you go read it for me and tell me what i might be able to do..if you need more info let me know and i will fill you in..

thanks jackie1977

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">