• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

CP extended summer visitation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sandraec

What is the name of your state?TX

The divorce decree says ex gets 21 days ext. summer visitation to be exercised in two separate periods of at least seven days each. Does this mean 21 days straight is a violation?

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
MG, I think it's more complicated than that. This is stepmom. Her husband (Dad) gets the kid(s) for the summer, while the ex (Mom) gets a total of 21 days as she specified.

Personally, this sort of thing rises to the level of pettiness. IMO.

snostar

Does the order specifically state that the separate periods can't be consecutive? Or something else to that effect?

Whyte Noise

I guess it could happen this way...

Ex gets 7 days, OP gets 1 day, ex gets 14 days.

21 days of extended summer visitation, exercised in 2 separate periods of not less than 7 days each.

Correct? I mean, there's a 1 day break between the 7 and 14, so it's 2 separate periods...

And I agree with you stealth. Wholeheartedly.

snostar

I spent two days on the stand this week so I am overly in tuned to "wording." What it comes down to is the interpretation of "separate", the EXACT wording of the order, and/or the judge’s interpretation.

I also agree, the pettiness level is above and beyond!

nextwife

And if there is an excessive distance involved, does it not make more sense economically and logistically to piggy-back the weeks?

snostar

Not wanting to hijack, but I have to ask....

Stealth - How'd ya do? My attorney told me it was the best testimony he's ever heard, but then again he has only 16yrs experience. :D

Personally, I loved it and saw it as a true test of skill. Here at FA I really learned to be precise and focus on WORDS, not emotion, therefore the opposing attorney got nowhere in his cross – I knew dates, times, exact words spoken dating back 3 years without coming off as arrogant! I only had to correct my testimony 2x. It also helps that my ex is a moron, couldn't remember anything -like where our son was born or even what happened last week. :rolleyes:

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
I think it went okay. We were there for a CS mod, and considering we didn't have time to prep beforehand...

kidoday

I told Missouri Gal, that my ex had it written in his court order that the mother of his child could have one month of visitation during the summer, but not more than two consecutive weeks. The reason being is the mother refused to get the child to her physical therapy, and her going a month without put her a month behind, basically starting over on her treatments.

I don't know about OP's situation, but sometimes there is a need to not have consecutive days. But I do agree, if the reason isn't if is just to keep the child away from the other parent it is petty.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">