• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

CPS lied now what? NY

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tmorford

Hello I need some help, we are in a classic he said she said problem, she called CPS on me saying I was not giving the children medication, a seconday CPS worker came out to me to investigage me and speak with the children as it turns out she is not giving the children medication. Now this was writen in the report as soon as my ex found out about this, she had the local CPS worker say she talked to the kids and that I forced the kids to lie and that I should be indicated as a child abuser. Now they have indicated put me on a national registry for child abuse. I have talked to my kids 12 and 9 they did not speak to the local CPS person so I know its a lie. So my 2 questions as, How do I fight this and how can I sue them for this.

Thank you.

BL

What is a a seconday CPS worker ?

You see where I come from local CPS workers investigate reports .

If you're named as a person on the report ,you can obtain a copy of the report from the Central Registry in Albany by writing them and requesting a copy .

How can I find out if there is any information about me in the Statewide Central Register file?

How can I get my name removed from the Statewide Central Register file?

Persons who are subjects of child abuse or maltreatment reports are entitled to copies of information concerning themselves on file with the Statewide Central Register (SCR). Write to:

State Central Register
P.O. Box 4480
Albany, NY 12204

Please give your full name, date of birth, your children's names and dates of birth, and the address where you lived at the time you believe you may have been reported. If you know the case I.D., please include this information in your letter.

Depending on the circumstances, you may still have the legal right to request that the report be amended or expunged (destroyed). Make your request in writing, and the reasons therefore, to the SCR, at the post office box listed above.

tmorford

I live in a different county as her so the secondary worker is from my county, I have already filed an appeal and a request for the report and for a hearing.

Thank you.

tmorford

Now can I sue CPS for this, this is the second time they have lied, once was in a court room while they where on the stand.

BL

Now can I sue CPS for this, this is the second time they have lied, once was in a court room while they where on the stand.
Well , I believe the State is immune from being sued.

What happened with that case ?

I believe the one you might want to see about charges is the one filing false reports ,if they are being determined unfounded in the end.

Some reporters just charm the workers , or just report over concerns .

tmorford

I just got the letter on Friday saying I was indicated, I never even recived a letter saying I was under investigation, so I wrote for a report and I wrote to request a hearing, I just got off the phone with Albany that oversees Montgomery County and they are also investigating this issue. So nothing has been done yet other then them saying I am indicated.

I would not be sueing the state I would be sueing the county I belive.

If I can not sue the state can I sue the worker?

Thanks!

BL

I just got the letter on Friday saying I was indicated, I never even recived a letter saying I was under investigation, so I wrote for a report and I wrote to request a hearing, I just got off the phone with Albany that oversees Montgomery County and they are also investigating this issue. So nothing has been done yet other then them saying I am indicated.

I would not be sueing the state I would be sueing the county I belive.

If I can not sue the state can I sue the worker?

Thanks!
Answer the question .What happened with the case in court ?

The report reflects you are indicated , not that the report is founded .

One finding from one county ,one from another .

You're doing what is available to you .

If this is only the second time a report has been filed against you ,see it through and if unfounded , carry on .

If it happens again in similar circumstances , when the worker(s) show up ,show them the prior reports and they were unfounded .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">