• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Criminal Background

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

PantherDSS

What is the name of your state? PA

The ex in my case has a criminal background and I want to know if there's a way to, even temporarily, obtain sole custody of our son. She is on probation for 7 years. Maybe the courts would allow supervised visitation?? She was arrested for "corruption of minors"!!! Don't think I want my son growing up around such trash.

Help!

CJane

PantherDSS said:
Don't think I want my son growing up around such trash.
Probably shouldn't have had a baby with the 'trash' then. She was good enough for you to get nekkid and sweaty with, wasn't she?

How recent is the arrest/conviction/sentencing?

Nocgirl

It depends on what the charge was. If it relates to children then it might be possible. You still have to prove she is a danger to your child.

Word of advice, don't have sex, or kids with "trash" in the future.

pypercat

It's easy to hand out hindsight advice - hey? Sorry, some tend to pass judgement without knowing the details and react, as you can see, to name calling (which I would advise you avoid in here).

In most states, if the crime is a felony, then yes, you can pursue sole custody. The court may appoint a counsellor to determine if visitation should be supervised or not. At any rate, do what you can to protect your child, but please do so with as little animosity as possible, keep in mind that the "trash" is your child's mother and you don't want to destroy your child's self worth by displaying your contempt in front of the child.

seniorjudge

PantherDSS said:
What is the name of your state? PA

The ex in my case has a criminal background and I want to know if there's a way to, even temporarily, obtain sole custody of our son. She is on probation for 7 years. Maybe the courts would allow supervised visitation?? She was arrested for "corruption of minors"!!! Don't think I want my son growing up around such trash.

Help!
How was she corrupting minors?

P

PantherDSS

Criminal

Did it occur to anyone that I did not know about her criminal background until it was too late?? Let's just assume that the guy is to blame! There are some nice guys left. I've been dealing with a manipulative pig who needs to be locked up.
It would help if she would speak one word of truth. She never has!

CJane

And it would help if you answered questions.

How long ago was the arrest/conviction?

What was the specific crime?

And no one is 'blaming you' except to say that it's difficult to believe that she was a perfectly acceptable person to have sex/a child/a relationship with until now... and now she's trash? I would have said the same thing to a woman griping about the man she'd had a child with.

P

PantherDSS

wow, i can tell i'm dealing with females here. i'm looking for legal advice and it doesn't seem like i'm getting anywhere with you people.
judge someone else.
bye

seniorjudge

PantherDSS said:
wow, i can tell i'm dealing with females here. i'm looking for legal advice and it doesn't seem like i'm getting anywhere with you people.
judge someone else.
bye
Yes, you do not need to give us info if you do not want legal advice.

Mbarr77

PantherDSS said:
judge someone else.
bye
So, someone asking you for clarification, and to answer a few questions so they can give you legal advice is judgement?!? I never knew that! :cool:

Mbarr77

AHA said:
It explains why the only @ss OP could get was a trashy one, and why he didn't even succeed in that relationship.

With OP's sexist attitude, any kid would be better off NOT growing up being taught that.

I second that thought!! Good thing he went somewhere else to not answer any questions!!

PantherDSS said:
judge someone else.
bye
Careful.... not all of us females are out to get you. In fact I understand your situation. My husband didn't see what his ex was really like until it was too late. a lot of times were a re blinded by other things to see the truth. It happened. Continue to fight for your child. Good luck.

CJane

diana.pussehl said:
Was that necessary? Mistakes were made. We know this... bashing them for it is not going to help.
Yeah, it was necessary. If he's going to come on here claiming that his ex - and the mother of his child - is 'trash', I'm gonna call him on it. And, considering his behavior in this and other threads, I'm beginning to wonder who the real 'trash' in the relationship was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">