• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

crying for help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

momiamof5

What is the name of your state?
Kansas.....I am trying to get help for my daughter who is 19 and using Meth. I know that she is 19 and of legal age...which I have been told by everyone that there is nothing I can do since she is legal age...If anybody knows anything that I can do or where I can go to get help for her please respond....I dont think there is much more time for her**************.

B

betterthanher

momiamof5 said:
What is the name of your state?
Kansas.....I am trying to get help for my daughter who is 19 and using Meth. I know that she is 19 and of legal age...which I have been told by everyone that there is nothing I can do since she is legal age...If anybody knows anything that I can do or where I can go to get help for her please respond....I dont think there is much more time for her**************.
Aren't there any drug abuse or counseling-like programs in your area? A simple opening of a phone book should do the trick.

momiamof5

I have tried calling treatment centers...and I get the same response..she is 19 and of legal age...I also tried calling the District Attorney's Office to see if I could file what they call A Order of Commitment...But without a Dr's letter they will not help me...My daughter will have nothing to do with us"her family" because she has totally drawn away ....I see her her in town and she is nothing but bones....I have been trying for months to get her help...I am asking any of you if there is something I can do....or someone that I can talk to that may have another avenue for me to go...All they can do is tell me no...but I cant give up or quit trying to get her help**************...

momof4inOnt

I would say if you are having problems getting help talk to the police .. alert them of where she may be and you know there is a huge chance she'll have something on her. They will more than likely arrest her, but when she goes before the court ask the judge to send her to a treatment facility for punishment. Having an arrest record will suck but she wont be dead. I say its time for tough love before its to late for it ...

I cant imagine how hard it is .. I'm watching my sister drown herself in coke, x, meth and weed .. If my mom doesnt take a stand and say something soon I might take matters into my own hands and see what I can do myself.

Good luck

J

jmac3

In my state (Georgia) If you can get enough family members to write letters and are willing to pay for the rehab you could get her sent to a rehab center. I don't know how that works in Kansas but it would be worth checking out. Just find a rehab center and ask them.

PMACK5894

I Have Been Trying To Help Someone With A Drug Problem For Years.
Unfortunately, Even If You Can Find Help For Them If They Don't Want To Change Then Even The Best Help In The World Won't Fix The Problem. I Wish You All The Best Of Luck And Hope That Your Situation Works Out Better For You Than It Ahs In My Case.

Just one moment

I hate to give bad information. And Heaven knows that I will catch it from this forum.

Our question would be, isn't there a law some where that states that someone could be intervened against their will if three family members sign a statement?

What is it in your state?

They could qualify for assistance, also it would be more valuable to pay for than a funeral. Do you have insurance?

My heaven, at her age, it can not be hard to reach her. I pray that she has a conscience.

She wants to be happy? Ask her if she is not sick of this! It worked once for me with a friend's child.

vollbree

I agree with momof4inOnt.
You NEED to call the police.
I know this from expirence... my brother was addicted to drugs, and my dad decided the only way to help him was to get him arrested.
My brother was put in jail and then rehab.
I can now say, he is living a pretty damn good life and is drug free.
Sometimes it's hard love that helps the most.

momiamof5

Wow,,,Thank you all so very much for all the responses.....Each and everyone of you said something that was very helpful...and yes I think that calling the police and letting them know is a good idea....I would rather have her sitting in jail,,alive ,,then on the streets ...I will also check into the family writing letters...I have plenty of family that is willing to help....All we want to do is try and save her.....So thank you all so very much,,God Bless you all...I will keep you all updated on this**************...

acmb05

I need to add my 2 cents

Getting her arrested could be a good idea but it could also be a very bad idea. If she does not want help it will do no good. Also when she is arrested and has to sit in jail she is going to go thru some very serious withdrawels and no matter how good the jail staff is they ARE NOT trained for this.

Quite possibly she will experience withdrawel tremmers which will cause her body to reject the withdrawels and could quite conceivably kill her without the proper medical care.

A medical treatment center is the best place for her IF you can get her to go. You can also get her involuntarily commited but that is a long processs and not quaranteed to work.

Bottom line is unless she wants help no matter what you do she will not change or get off the drugs. Coming from a recovering alcoholic SHE HAS TO WANT IT FOR IT TO WORK.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">