• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Custodial parent hiding child from non-custodial parent

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dwaddell

I am the mother of a 5 year old daughter. Her father and I divorced when she was just one. Due to some unfortunate circumstances and the "trust" that i thought I had with her father, he is the custodial parent. He has since moved to a town about 1 1/2 driving hours each way. He has a new girlfriend and through the week spends nights with her and her daughter. I am okay with that, to a point. He has never introduced her to me, I do not have a phone number as to where my child is at night(school nights included), and she has come to me on the weekends unkept, tired and telling me things like "Mindy is my new mommy." The school has even told us in a review session that she seems tired and won't pay attention. I just want to know what my legal rights as a non-custodial parent are as far as knowing addresses and phone numbers to where my child is at night. And further, how do I go about getting some sort of modification to the original custody order, which i feel since he has moved, and I no longer work in the evening, doesn't adhere to what is the case now. I am in Indiana. Thanks and please help a desperate mom get her little girl back!

dadgof3

dwaddells answer, from dadgof3

Use the Indiana parenting time guidline, the IPTG. As my lawyer told me. Use it, live it, know it. Hire a lawyer that knows what they're doing, And take care of it. You might have to jump through some hoops, but see your children even if at first it has to be supervised visitation to establish a relationship, and continue with your lawyers advise. And by all means get the IPTG book, and read it!

I'mTheFather

Use the Indiana parenting time guidline, the IPTG. As my lawyer told me. Use it, live it, know it. Hire a lawyer that knows what they're doing, And take care of it. You might have to jump through some hoops, but see your children even if at first it has to be supervised visitation to establish a relationship, and continue with your lawyers advise. And by all means get the IPTG book, and read it!
It's nice of you to want to help the OP, but hopefully she's solved her problem in the last 12 years.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">