• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

custodial parent moving/shared parenting plan

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

miraclemindy

my exhusband and i live in ohio we have a shared parenting plan which has worked out pretty well. I am planning to move 70 miles from my current home and place our daughter in a school there. our papers state that our daughter's legal residence is to be with me for school purposes. does this mean I can just inform her father that I am moving and he cannot do anything about it? there is nothing in the papers about moving except that neither of us can move out of the state of ohio, which I am not doing. I have been told that I cannot move out of the city in which I am currently living, is this true?

Ambr

70 miles isn't that great of a distance and it is realistic that a relationship between the child and the father is still possible.

If your papers do not state anything about relocating within the state, doesn't give a distance, than I don't think you have to get his permission to move. Most papers say something about relocation of a 100 miles or something like that.

Although, after you move, he can request a modification. He can do that at anytime. But with you only going 70 miles, I wouldn't worry to much about it.

Good Luck!

Ambr :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">