• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Custodial Parent moving in state???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

shammer

What is the name of your state? Arizona

I am posting this for someone else. :)

Divorce is almost complete and I am confused about moving in state. I want to move about 150 miles away from my current address to a new city. The last thing my soon to be ex and I are fighting over is joint or sole custody. With his domestic violence record I should easily get sole custody but he really wants joint legal custody with me having final say. Either way I want to move from the Phoenix metro area up north. I expect this to be a problem for him since he has control issues. If I have either of these will he be able to stop me from moving even though we have established a current parenting plan (listed below)???

he gets the 2 children fri-sun every other weekend and also gets to see them a few hours his off saturday.

Well I am from AZ as well and let me warn you. There is a law that stops you from moving more than 100 miles away in or out of state.

My fiance worried that his wife at the time now ex would move away, the judege told her not w/o other parents permission or judges permission. Yes mom had sole. But she moved anyway and my fiance went from eow visitation to 50/50 physical and mom had to transport the children.

Ask permission from court or kiss your butt goodbye!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">