• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Custodial Parent wants to move out of state

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

looneytes

What is the name of your state? CA

Hello,

I am writting for my 13 year old step daughter and husband. We have been a family for over 11 years. My husband and our family has always been there for my step daughter, emotionally and financially. We have just found out that her mother which is the Custodial parent wants to move out of state so she can move on and have a relationship and maybe get married. Which is great! Our concern is our step-daughter which has verbally expressed that her mother needs her and she worries about her mom. We believe she needs to enjoy her life, studies and her relationships with her friends and family. My husband is so stress and does not know what he can do legal.

He has wanted her with us and her three brothers for so long. We have been waiting for her to complete her studies at her private school, so she then can live with us and attend High School and College here. But now that this has come up when are not prepared. All of her family on both sides reside in California. What can we do?

What are my husband's and step daughter's rights? We are consired about her 'role reversal" issues with her mother and what effect it will have on her in her life now and as an adult. We are very concerned. There are so many unanswered question.

Please help!

Thank you
Looneytes.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">