• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Custodial rights for school enrollment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Again, I did not give expert advice! I told my experience as a parent. And "shut up" really, is that how experts talk. Again you are very very angry people. God help you when you need some compassion as you do not give to others! I did not tell OP to go and take my experience and do as I do - I said here's what happened to me. You all take things out of context - anger will get you nowhere. Just a bunch of glorified idiots who are not helping anyone!
Your ranting could cause this OP to get arrested and charged with a felony. So yeah, SHUT UP. You are giving dangerous "advice" that could lead to several problems for the OP. You don't understand the law in Ohio, have never looked at the law in Ohio and have no clue. Your cluelessness is apparent to me and most educated people. I don't think the OP has the education in order to realize how harmful your babbling and ranting could be to her.

mistoffolees

It could but quite frankly, if dad pushes the issue now, a full fledged custody battle would most likely see dad winning custody anyway due to the attack on the stepfather. My suggestion solves the school issue IMMEDIATELY as all that is necessary is an agreed entry stating that under that portion of the code, dad is residential for school purposes. It changes nothing else at this juncture but gets the child enrolled in dad's school district. Then the parents have time to work out all the other details.
Oh, I agree, they should do what you're suggesting. I just don't think OP should expect that she's going to get what she wants in the long run.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">