• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Custody of 15 year old daughter

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rojogal

I am a divorced,remarried mother of 4 children. My older son (16 now) moved in with his dad 3 years ago. My 15 year old daughter left last year when she started high school. My ex-husband works swing shift and gets home at midnight leaving 2 teenagers alone. When my daughter left she was pretty much a straight "A" student. I never had to worry about her. She was responsible etc. Now, she is getting "D-'s" and cutting classes, taking the car (she does not have a permit), hanging out with older boys, sneaking out the bedroom window, etc. I have tried to get her to move home. She does not want to. She feels that she'll never be able to do anything and that we live in the sticks vs. near a mall. My ex agrees that she would be better off living with my husband and me, but he will not tell her that. Doesn't want to push her out! I need to know if I have a legal leg to stand on since she is 15. Help!!! A worried mom!

D

dorenephilpot

You and the ex can agree to change custody and file the proper paperwork w/the court, making it official.

Or you can file a petition to modify custody and present your evidence on why you think it should happen.

Of course, living with a teenager is tough -- and living with one who doesn't want to be there is even tougher.

But it's ultimately your call....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">