• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

custody agreement change?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

katillidie

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania

hello. my name is nick, i am the father of two girls. i have had this custody agreement for 3 years.. and for these three years it has been the same unless myself or they're mother has made a verbal agreement to change one or two things ourselves. well now my kids mom has a separate family with another man. i don't know all the details because its not my business. but since they have an agreement that is different then mine she wants to take me to court and have it changed to match the other fathers agreement so the kids are always together for every holiday.. how likely is it that my custody agreement will be changed with complete disregard to what i have been doin for three years and have already planned. for example... every Christmas the kids mom gets the kids in the morning. and i get my kids at 12... so this year i already had planned. but since my kids mom and her other kids father swap every other year he is getting his kid in the morning. so now she wants me to switch to match his agreement to keep all 3 kids together.. how likely is it that i will be forced to change my agreement to match his... thanks in advance! hope someone can help.

nick

mistoffolees

Sounds like the 'hypothetical' question that was just asked.

Bottom line is that the court is unlikely to ORDER a change based on her remarrying and wanting the kids to all be together (and presumably, to have every other weekend so they can do 'adult' things).

This is the kind of thing that reasonable, mature parents should be able to negotiate. She's not asking for any more time, simply rearranging it. Unless you think there's a danger with the other kids, what's the harm in being accomodating?

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania

hello. my name is nick, i am the father of two girls. i have had this custody agreement for 3 years.. and for these three years it has been the same unless myself or they're mother has made a verbal agreement to change one or two things ourselves. well now my kids mom has a separate family with another man. i don't know all the details because its not my business. but since they have an agreement that is different then mine she wants to take me to court and have it changed to match the other fathers agreement so the kids are always together for every holiday.. how likely is it that my custody agreement will be changed with complete disregard to what i have been doin for three years and have already planned. for example... every Christmas the kids mom gets the kids in the morning. and i get my kids at 12... so this year i already had planned. but since my kids mom and her other kids father swap every other year he is getting his kid in the morning. so now she wants me to switch to match his agreement to keep all 3 kids together.. how likely is it that i will be forced to change my agreement to match his... thanks in advance! hope someone can help.

nick
Since the children are siblings, (I assume that's what you meant) its quite possible that a judge would agree that they should be together on holidays. Its not an unreasonable request for mom to make.

Perhaps a compromise could be made for just this year. Perhaps you could agree to the change for the future, as long as mom lets you keep your plans for this year.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">