• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

custody agreements

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

npsupreme

NYS law. If two separated non-married parents of three kids move back in together, is the existing custodial agreement valid? How long would one parent have to stay in the household before the agreement was considered null and void? Any experiences out there?

R

Robin Hollis

Just an opinion, but I would hope that the existing custody never be null and void. What happens if you decide to split again?

L

LadyBlu

Unfortunately, the law link page for NY has got to be the most confusing state statutes site there is. So since I cannot provide you with statutes may I suggest you contact a atty in NY and ask what the guidelines are?

N

npsupreme

Thanks ladyblu for trying. NYS really is confusing and not very fair I might add.

L

LadyBlu

npsupreme said:
Thanks ladyblu for trying. NYS really is confusing and not very fair I might add.
Ok, had a chance to skim through most of the domestic relations statutes for NY. According to what I have read any action or final judgement is final until a new filing. So if you are asking if the person that was not granted custody now has grounds for custody, it wont fly with the court. But that would be sufficient grounds to petition the court for a modification of the original order to modify the custody.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">