• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

custody agreements expire when?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

anglyn

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? texas

My son will be 18 in september but still has a year of highschool left. He no longer wishes to visit his father due to his (the fathers) erratic mood swings and verbally abusive barrages. But I know that most child support orders remain in effect until the child finishes school, not at 18, so was wondering about visitation orders? My ex pays no child support by the way, if that matters.

Isis1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? texas

My son will be 18 in september but still has a year of highschool left. He no longer wishes to visit his father due to his (the fathers) erratic mood swings and verbally abusive barrages. But I know that most child support orders remain in effect until the child finishes school, not at 18, so was wondering about visitation orders? My ex pays no child support by the way, if that matters.
it doesn't matter.

at the age of 18, as far as visitation goes, son no longer has to abide by the court order as he is no longer a child.

child support is a separate issue.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">