• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Custody by Aunt and Uncle

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

johnquam

My wife and I are proceeding with a Custody hearing on March 7. We are the Aunt and Uncle of a 17 year old that ran away form home due to Abuse by her Step Father. This took place in August 2000.

The Mother of this Child has been recieving child support payment during the time that we have had Shannon. Will the court order her to pay child support to us for the time that Shannon has been with us?

This mother will not be iin court to contest the Custody. I want to make sure that the court is aware of the abuse that has taken place in this house. There are two othe kids in the house that we are very concerned about.

Please give me some insite to this and if possible links to a site that can help me prepare for the case. i.e. where a Aunt and Uncle are going for custody of a minor.

Thank You

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">