• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Custody Battle

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

april1969

What is the name of your state? Texas

The father of my children has recently been in contact with them after several years of coming in and out of their lives and suddenly decided that he wants them to live with him. I am objecting because he has never been there for these children and now out of the blue he wants custody. I have heard from my 12 year old that he has promised not to move them out of their schools and he has promised to buy her a cell phone and he has told her she does not have to be how I expect her to be. He says she can be who she wants to be and express herself freely. I have raised these children alone for 10 plus years with out any interest from him in actively being a part of their lives. We have always had joint custody and I have never kept him from seeing his children, he has chosen to stay away. He has threatened to take them out of my home because he fears for their emotional stability. I am at a loss for words because I have been everything to my children. I did struggle in the past as a single parent and yes we lived in a small apartment until a couple of years ago when I remarried. Now we have a nice home in a nice area. The children attend a very good school district. What can I do to keep my children from being bought by their suddenly interested father? How can I fight this battle with out saying a bad thing about parent who has never been there for his children? What do I need to do to protect myself and my children? I do not want to keep my children from talking to him because I fear that they will validate what he says. HELP!!!What is the name of your state?

ezmarelda

The father of my children has recently been in contact with them after several years of coming in and out of their lives and suddenly decided that he wants them to live with him. I am objecting because he has never been there for these children and now out of the blue he wants custody. I have heard from my 12 year old that he has promised not to move them out of their schools and he has promised to buy her a cell phone and he has told her she does not have to be how I expect her to be. He says she can be who she wants to be and express herself freely. I have raised these children alone for 10 plus years with out any interest from him in actively being a part of their lives. We have always had joint custody and I have never kept him from seeing his children, he has chosen to stay away. He has threatened to take them out of my home because he fears for their emotional stability. I am at a loss for words because I have been everything to my children. I did struggle in the past as a single parent and yes we lived in a small apartment until a couple of years ago when I remarried. Now we have a nice home in a nice area. The children attend a very good school district. What can I do to keep my children from being bought by their suddenly interested father? How can I fight this battle with out saying a bad thing about parent who has never been there for his children? What do I need to do to protect myself and my children? I do not want to keep my children from talking to him because I fear that they will validate what he says. HELP!!!What is the name of your state?
please delete one of your threads:)

acmb05

Can she not do this now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">