• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Custody battle with my own mother over my son. Please help.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

justalayman

Nope, it's a driver license that belongs to a driver. It's not a "driver's license" it's a "driver license".

(To be fair, I don't recall what state you're in so I can't pull up a reference from your state's code.)

it is both

I am a driver so any license I own is a driver's license. Just the same as I am also an electricion so any license own is also an electrician's license. Now the specific license may be a driver licence which would be proof of a person being licensed to drive or an electrical license giving proof of a person being licensed to perform as allowed having been issued an electrical license but none the less, they are still a driver's licence and an electrician's license

let me make it simpler

either one could be considered a smart ass's license. :eek::D:p

Oh how wrong I am. It is actually referred to as a driver's license:

http://www.michigan.gov/sos/0,1607,7-127-1627---,00.html

but for fun, on the actual license it says:

operator license

so, does that mean I am a doctor and I can operate?

Last edited:

Proserpina

it is both

I am a driver so any license I own is a driver's license. Just the same as I am also an electricion so any license own is also an electrician's license. Now the specific license may be a driver licence which would be proof of a person being licensed to drive or an electrical license giving proof of a person being licensed to perform as allowed having been issued an electrical license but none the less, they are still a driver's licence and an electrician's license

let me make it simpler

either one could be considered a smart ass's license. :eek::D:p

Oh how wrong I am. It is actually referred to as a driver's license:

http://www.michigan.gov/sos/0,1607,7-127-1627---,00.html

but for fun, on the actual license it says:

operator license

so, does that mean I am a doctor and I can operate?

This is where I go get coffee and watch college football, isn't it?

:cool:

justalayman

This is where I go get coffee and watch college football, isn't it?

:cool:
aw, come on. You guys would be bored to tears if I wasn't here.

On top of that I'm a lot like a broken clock, not one that is not working at all but works randomly:

chances are it is going to display the correct time once in awhile.

LdiJ

On top of that I'm a lot like a broken clock, not one that is not working at all but works randomly:

You made me actually get out my license and look at it. Mine says "Operator Driver License".

However, if you want to get nitpicky both are correct. My license is an operator driver license, but its MY driver's license.

justalayman

However, if you want to get nitpicky both are correct. My license is an operator driver license, but its MY driver's license.
thank you. That is exactly my point.

it makes it a driver's operator driver license or in my case, a driver's operator license or an electrician's operator license or......never mind. I could make permutations of these terms for a long time. I think I'll stop here.

Proserpina

Well, I appreciate your presence and (for the most part.. ;) ) posts.

So nya nya nya~

quincy

My Michigan license renewal notice says "Owner's Driver's License" but my license says "Driver License."

Why does yours say "Operator License," justalayman?

For what it's worth, I agree with justalayman that a court order is not between two or more parties. It is a directive.

justalayman

simple; they recognized me as an operator. They acknowledged I was smooth but felt it a bit tacky to title it smooth operator license (that was a long stretch)

anyway, maybe due to changes between the issuance of yours and mine. . Can't recall when mine was issued but it expires next year and I'm old so I would have likely been given the longest lasting license at the time. I do not have an enhanced license. Maybe if you do that is the difference.

mine looks just like this, well, almost. I'm prettier:

http://hoggatt-family.com/Dean%20Thelma%20and%20kids/00001%20-%20Julie%20drivers%20license%20exp%2020070207.jpg

but I have a question:

it says see back for medical information, anatomical gift but on the back under what organs, it simply says; gut him. I'm scared now especially since I have not opted to gift anything at the current time.

For what it's worth, I agree with justalayman that a court order is not between two or more parties. It is a directive.
a double dwarf on my tab for you. I don't actually drink beer but the Grand River Red sounds interesting. Did they change their line up? Seems like a few new names and missing one (it was red something or something red but wasn't grand river)

Proserpina

My Michigan license renewal notice says "Owner's Driver's License" but my license says "Driver License."

Fine.

It's a directive. It's a directive. It's a directive. A directive it is. It is what it is. But how do you define "is"?

:D

AlwaysGrowing

I dont see my response....?

I'm thinking that is why that other senior guy asked what he did.;)
Hello again, I replied last week but don't see it here?

To answer your questions, there were never any court orders other than the temp order that I mentioned. Myself, my mother, nor my son's mother ever had any legal custody of my son, just his BC with our names on it. Up until Friday, the temp order gave me custody of my son. I requested for our hearing to be pushed ahead due to what is going on which gave me a court date last Friday. Each time I have been to court up until Friday, I had the same judge. I guess they were "rotating" so I had some judge who knew nothing about my case and seemed very much to not want to get involved. He didn't even bother to pull out he temporary order and review it. He said that we will "just keep the status quo" until our regular hearing at the end of November. This means I will not get to see or speak to my son for another month and a half. This means that my son will not be enrolled in school for another month and a half. I just don't understand how this is ok. And my mother is now claiming that I was never involved and that my son does NOT in any way want to be involved with myself or his mother. My son has wanted to be with me as much as he possibly could his entire life. He's been waiting on me. He's always been my bud and daddy just needed a little more time. Now he wants nothing to do with me? And I don't even get to see his face or have a conversation with him? Everything I read says that all that matters is the best interest of the child. And that as long as the parents aren't "unfit" it's in the child's best interest to be involved with both parents. This fight was supposed to be between my children's mother and I for my daughter, because she is not in the best situation she could be in with her mother, and that whole situation has been derailed by this with my mother. I don't know what to think or which direction to head. Sorry to vent. I just really cant believe I'm really dealing with this. And it honestly scares me to feel this helpless.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">